Friday, March 23, 2007

1 blue

The 4 pinks have been gone since Wednesday, so it has just been me, the lone blue. The pinks went to Georgia to visit Aunt Sarah for a few days and see the sites in Macon, Georgia. They have had a good time checking things out, going to parks and so on. I am sure that the primary pink will blog about this when she returns.

Their having been gone has given me cause to think some about life with 4 pinks. Let me say at the outset that 1) I know they are all sweet, 2) I know they are all precious, and 3) someday they’ll not want to hang with this blue and they’ll be gone. I know, I understand. But... typically I feel as if I am living within a musical with people breaking into song w/o any apparent reason at any given moment. I typically don’t like musicals as some of you know – goes back to one called ‘Into the woods’, it was a tragedy, believe me. I imagine that we would all agree that it is hard to see the bigger picture when you are in the middle of daily-ness. And maybe that is what having some time alone does, it gives you the chance to take off the helmet, come out of the foxhole, and consider the larger perspective. When they left on Wednesday things were good, I enjoyed the quiet and the chance to watch a complete TV show and sleep through the night (though the primary pink would argue that I do this most of the time). Thursday came and went. Friday is here and will soon be gone, and it is entirely too quiet around here. Simple things like wandering around the yard looking at ‘spring’ happening before our eyes with the girls – can’t do that if they’re not here. So, I will be glad when they are home and will try to learn to appreciate musicals, both the cast and the songs they sing.

No comments: